Find us on Facebook
Copyright © Manitoulin Island Cycling Advocates
There are many delightful short trips where you backtrack to the starting point or do a small loop. The following are some favourites:
1) On Government Rd., turn south and ride along the winding Manitou River on Michael’s Bay Rd. It will bring you down to beautiful Michael’s Bay.
2) 9 km west of Evansville, on #540, take the Murphy Point Rd. south to Mac’s Bay Provincial Conservation Reserve and back to #540.
3) 4 km east of Silver Water, on #540, take the Cook’s Dock Rd. to Cook’s Bay, then back to #540.
4) At Silver Water, leave #540 and take the road straight ahead to the Silver L. Rd. Turn north and follow the road along the east side of the lake to #540 through some of the most fascinating cottage land. Take #540 back to your starting point.
5) Start in Sandfield and ride north to the East Rd. Follow this winding, country road through enchanting, mixed forest to the Silver Bay Rd. Turn left and then right at Mill Rd. Follow the signs to Timberlane Rustic Lodges.
MOUNTAIN BIKE TRAILS
Please stay off private property to the right and left of these trails.
1) M'Chigeeng: Park inthe vicinity of Manitoulin Secondary School and ride north along the lakeshore. The road gets pretty bumpy very soon, but it will bring you to a few spots where you can swim and takes you uphill through a gravel pit to one of the most beautiful views overlooking West Bay and the North Channel.
2) McLean’s Park: Turn off Hwy 6 onto the New England Rd. The park is on your right (map on location).
3) Wikwemikong Mountain Bike Trail: See map.